Servings: 4 Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb-flavored feta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared regular or reduced fat non-creamy Italian dressing or other vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings.
- Add lettuce, cheese, dressing and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean Ground Beef: 505 calories; 24 g fat(8 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 81 mg cholesterol; 843 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrate; 3.6 g fiber; 31 g protein; 8.3 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.7 mg iron; 35.1 mcg selenium; 3.2 mg zinc.
Recipe provided by the Texas Beef Council. You can find this recipe and more at beeflovingtexans.
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.