The big meal is over and now the fridge is full of leftovers that we don’t want to go to waste, but what to do with this delicious food?
During Thanksgiving, families get together to enjoy each other and the good food. Of course, there’s always Thanksgiving leftovers because everyone loves to make an overabundant amount of food. So, what can we make with the leftovers?
Check out a few of our favorite ideas we have found to help you try new ways to dress up those Thanksgiving leftovers:
- Turkey Chili
- The temperate is still chilly outside so take the turkey and turn it into chili to keep you warm and snuggle inside.
- Sweet Potato Loaf
- These delicious sweet potatoes can be baked into a delicious mini loaf a shared with family and friends.
- Leftover Stuffing Waffles
- This one sounds too yummy not to try!
- Turkey Waldorf Salad
- Crunchy, sweet, savory, and satisfying, it is the perfect use for leftover turkey and all those beautiful fruits and nuts from your Thanksgiving table centerpiece.
- Thanksgiving Crunch Wrap
- Think of a crispy tortilla filled with Thanksgiving goodness
- Turkey Casserole
- Turkey casserole is a great way to use up some leftover turkey as well as any lingering veggies. The buttery crumb top is completely addicting and makes this our favorite casserole that we look forward to all year.
Do you and your family have a favorite way to dress up leftovers? We would love to hear what traditions and recipes you might have. Share in the comments below or on our ILiveWell Nutrition and Therapy Facebook page!
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.