iLiveWell Nutrition COVID-19 update: May 25, 2020
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we update our COVID-19 operating procedures as we adhere to both the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Texas Department of State Health Services guidelines.
As you are aware, we switched to 100% virtual session on March 16, 2020. During this transition, we have had success in obtaining insurance coverage for virtual sessions and look forward to continuing to offer virtual sessions as a part of our way to support our clients.
Our Plan for Re-Opening In Person Sessions:
We will be following all CDC and Travis County protocol for keeping you and our staff safe.
The week of June 15th, we will begin by having one dietitian in the office per day.
- Check with our office to see which dietitian is in the office on any given day.
When seeing the dietitian in person, please follow these rules:
- Our waiting room closed. Once you arrive please text or call your dietitian to let them know you are in the parking lot.
- Our office building REQUIRES all visitors to wear a mask. Your nose and mouth must be covered via a cloth or medical mask when at the office.
- Clients are responsible for their own masks.
- iLiveWell Nutrition will have hand sanitizer available for clients
- We will remain a touchless facility. A no handshakes or physical contact policy is in effect in our offices. As much as we pride ourselves in wanting to make you feel welcome when escorting you to the client areas, we will forgo shaking your hand or touching you.
- After each session there will be 15 minutes to allow for surface disinfectant
- iLiveWell Nutrition will also have weekly deep office cleaning.
Prior to In Person Appointment:
- The client will get notification and has the choice to see their dietitian in person or continue with virtual sessions.
- If the client wants to be seen in person, they will need to answer screening questions via email HERE.
- The dietitians are screened the day prior to and the day of their in office sessions.
- If either the dietitian or client has been traveling, then no in person sessions will be allowed for two (2) weeks after the last day of travel. If the dietitian will be in self-quarantine due to traveling or any other circumstance, you will be notified.
Thank you for your continued trust and patience with us as we navigate the reopening of our office. We have always used best healthcare practices such as proper hand washing, generous use of hand sanitizer and we will continue to disinfect our office space multiple times per day.
We do encourage us all to continue seeking facts, not fear by referring to the CDC and TDSHS websites for updates on how we can work through this pandemic together. As such, the items listed above may be changed or adapted based on new information and recommendations from medical authorities.
Please contact us at 512-693-7045 if you have any questions or concerns.