SunButter Overnight Oats
Courtesy of Sunbutter.com
Start to finish: 5 Minute Prep, 6 Hour Chill
Makes: 2 Servings
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons SunButter®, we used Crunch
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats, or you may use regular oats
- Fresh fruit for garnish if desired
Check to ensure all individual ingredients are produced in a peanut and tree nut free facility.
- In small bowl add milk, chia seeds, SunButter and maple syrup. Stir well, or if you prefer, stir just enough to leave swirls of SunButter. Add oats and stir a few more times.
- Pour mixture into two 8-ounce mason jars, or one 16-ounce mason jar. Press down with spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in mixture.
- Screw on lid(s) and set in refrigerator overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- After refrigerating, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with fresh fruit!
- Oats will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 days, although they’re best enjoyed within the first 12 to 24 hours.
- You can refrigerate mixture in bowl instead of mason jar(s), just cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.