The nutrition relationship is unique, and it helps to know what is best to talk about during your session. Having a game plan before you enter a session with your client can help you quickly focus on what is most important and relevant to them at the moment. Below are common questions you can ask your client and how to further elaborate on them.
How Are You?
- How are you feeling about yourself during this process (the positive and the negative)
- How are you looking at your plan?
- How are you feeling about your progress?
What Has Happened Since Our Last Visit?
- What has occurred to you since our last session?
What Are You Working On?
- Progress report on your goals, projects, and activities
- What have you done that you are proud of?
- What are you coming up against?
How Can I Help?
- Where are you stuck?
- Are you wondering about anything?
- Offer a plan for action, a strategy, or advice
What is Next?
- What is your next objective to take on?
- What is the next concept you want to understand?
- What do you want for yourself next?
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.