Siggi’s Pumpkin Bread
Courtesy of: http://siggisdairy.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp cardamom, ground
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup siggi’s Pumpkin & Spice yogurt
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350* F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease and dust with a bit of flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a medium bowl , whisk together pumpkin purée, siggi’s Pumpkin & Spice yogurt , oil, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a dollop of siggi’s Pumpkin & Spice yogurt !
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.