Siggi’s Carrot Ginger Soup
makes 4-6 servings
- 2 tbsp. of avocado, canola, or rapeseed oil
- 2 large onion cut into small dice
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 6-3 carrots, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Siggi’s pumpkin & spice skyr
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. Once the pan is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the pan
- Add the onions and sauté until they become translucent, then add the finer and cook for another minute or two until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the carrots and broth (or water).
- Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes of until the carrots are soft
For the Puree
(you can use an immersion hand stick blender or a regular blender)
If you are using a regular blender:
- Fill the blender only about 1/3 full and remove the insert from the lid to allow heat to escape
- slightly cover the hole with a kitchen towel to avoid it from splashing out
- Serve immediately with a dollop of siggi’s pumpkin & spice skyr
Courtesy of: Siggi’s dairy
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.