Commit to Your Health
Simple tips and tricks to that you can do today to commit to a healthier 2017
Make 2017 about your health and commit to taking care of your body- it’s the only place you have to live. When people try to change everything and go on these crazy fad diets they never work and their emotional and physical health suffer. This year try making a commitment to YOU and make small changes that feel right.
Remember is things don’t feel good that will be a hard habit to stay with long time.
We are going to learn how to develop healthy and uplifting behaviors and habits that will enrich your life!
Start Your New Year off with the Nutrition in the Morning- BREAKFAST
- When choosing a breakfast that will boost your health in 2017 you will need theses 3 ingredients
- Here are a few ideas to try
- Quick Breakfast – if you are running late and need to be in the car/ traffic try a Sunbutter and honey Strawberry sandwich
- Yogurt – having adequate protein at breakfast help you to feel satisfied and carries you through your morning focused and fueled
- Overnight Oats with Yogurt
- Siggi’s is Icelandic-style yogurt, which is a strained, thick, protein-rich yogurt that is similar to Greek
Another area I want you to commit to your health this year is SNACKS.
All too often people try to cut their intake and not eat which is the never going to work in the long run or help your overall health. Snacks help your metabolism to continue to run efficiently all day. Your body is like a car you would not want to drive to California on an empty tank of gas
When we go too long without food our blood sugar drops and we tend to get hungry and not make good decisions and that is when our commitment to health and ourselves might be tried
But first -Let’s have some real talk too- if a snack comes with a recipe who has time for that? Yes I would love to have time, brain power to make fancy snacks- I m just happy I got up from my desk before I bit my hand
- Here are some snacks that Work for you not against You
- KIND – Nutrition you can see and pronounce
- Fruit + Nuts- sriracha Almonds Blue Diamond
- Cheese and fruit
The last quick tip for you to stay committed to your health this 2017 is Hydration
You are 60-80% water! When you get 10% dehydrated your brain power, will power and overall ability to function as a human goes WAY down!
- Do you know how much fluid you need each day?
- 1/2 your body weight per day in ounces
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.