We have 7 mindfulness tips for back to school to keep you organized and healthy!
Who loves school supply shopping? When the stores in Austin, Texas start getting all the school supplies on the shelves, we know it’s that time of the year again…Back to school! Even if you are not technically going back to school yourself, it’s a time of year that can feel like s shift into fall and a time for getting organized.
The dietitians and therapists at iLiveWell Nutrition & Therapy like to think about how to get organized with life and bringing mindfulness back into a daily practice for this season.
This month, as you are school supply shopping, packing lunch boxes, or organizing your calendar with fall events, try adding in a few mindful practices to help make this season of life flow.
7 Mindfulness Tips for Back to School
- Before a new subject in class, take 3 deep breaths to help clear your brain of the last subject and get ready for the new subject.
- Hydrate all day: Bring a water bottle with you and keep yourself hydrated to help stay focused and mindful.
- Starting with intentions: How do you want to feel today? Starting your day with setting intentions helps to elevate your mood and center you mind.
- Pause for lunch: Put the electronics down at lunch time and focus on connection with those around you in person.
- Ending with appreciations: What was good about your day? Don’t over think this one. It can be a BIG or small thing that was good about your day.
- Notice the flavors: Slowing down at meals to notice the flavors helps you to connect with your body and listen to its wisdom.
- Bed time! Honor your body and go to bed at a time that will get you 7-8 hours of sleep to reset the bodies internal clock.
Mindfulness may not come naturally to you and will take some practice before it becomes a daily habit and a part of your life. Don’t get overwhelmed and try to do everything and end up with nothing. When making any lifestyle change, we recommend choosing one thing and testing that out for at least a month to see how that change can fit into your life.
Ready to Make Mindfulness Part of Your Life?
Mindfulness with food and life is a key player in your overall well-being. Knowing how to effectively slow down without judgment when life speeds up is a skill most have not mastered.
Our dietitians and therapists at iLiveWell Nutrition and Therapy will help you to improve your mindfulness skills, and relationship with food and your body to help you feel empowered.
To learn more and to schedule your first session with us, click here or call us today!
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.