If you like ice cream, you love this delicious recipe!
I found this delicious recipe from Egglans Best.
With the sweetness of honey and brown sugar, this pumpkin pie ice cream is sure to please even the pickiest little one! You can feel good knowing about the wholesome goodness in the eggs and pumpkin!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs, yolks only at room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 15 ounces pumpkin purée (optional: freeze the night before in ice cube tray to cool mixture faster)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Combine heavy cream, milk, salt, vanilla, sugar and maple syrup in a medium saucepan over low heat stirring occasionally until steaming. Do not let it boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir 1/3 cup of the hot custard into eggs, and whisk while you combine. Add another 1/3 cup while stirring. Then one more 1/3 cup. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the rest of the custard. Heat on medium-low for 4 minutes, stirring often. Pour into a heatproof bowl fitted with a fine-mesh strainer. Add pumpkin puree and stir until cubes are melted. Refrigerate until completely chilled or overnight.
- Churn in ice cream maker until soft-serve consistency. Eat right away or transfer to an airtight container and freeze.
Recipe Notes: Freeze your pumpkin in an ice cube tray the night before. When you add them to the hot mixture it cools down very quickly and cuts the cooling time down.
If you’re looking for more healthy and delicious recipes, check them out here!
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.