Check out what our I Live Well Dietitians are cooking this Fourth of July!
Happy 242nd Birthday America!
The Fourth of July is an iconic holiday in the states, and it often provides a great opportunity for family and friends to get together as the summer heats up. And what better way to celebrate than over a great meal!
We asked our dietitians what foods they will most be looking forward to this July 4th, and not surprisingly, many of the foods included patriotic colors and some classic American cuisine! Be sure to check out the two recipes at the bottom for some inspiration if you are still planning your menu!
What Fourth of July Favorite Foods are our Dietitians Looking Forward to Most?
- Adrien – Sweet Corn (from when she would visit Iowa as a kid)
- Kathy – Hot Dogs and Potato Salad or Cheesy Green Chili Rice that her childhood friend’s mom used to make
- Rachael – Red White and Blue Popsicles
- Alyssa – Red White and Blue Rice Krispies
- Kailyn – Loaded Hot Dog with Chili and Corn on the Cob
- Katie – Her Nana’s Potato Salad
- Maria – Hamburgers, Grilled Veggies, and Watermelon
- Bridget – Red White and Blue Berry Trifle (angel food cake, berries, whipped cream, etc.)
Firecracker Hotdogs. Recipe from Angela at Handmade in the Heartland.
Have a safe and fun Fourth of July and let us know what your favorite foods are in the comments below.
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.