Ready to take your chicken salad to the next level?
I’m with you! I had never thought about adding avocado to chicken salad, but I keep stumbling upon these recipes so, of course, I had to try it out. What could go wrong when you mix together avocado, chicken, and bacon?!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of celery
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1/4 cup of celery
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
This will take no time to assemble and might be one of the fastest and easiest dishes I have tried in a long time!
- Shred the chicken with a fork.
- In a big mix, add in the shredded chicken, avocados copped up, chopped up bacon, onion, celery, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice
How to serve Avocado Chicken Salad:
You’ve got a couple of options here!
- Salda on Salad: Have the chicken salad on top of a bed of spinach and some croutons for a fun twist
- Wrap it up! Tortillas and I like to add in some chopped up tomatoes for and extra flavor
- DIP time: Dip a little chicken salad on a cracker and eat it like a dip.
- Your Fork: That’s right – just go at it with a fork. No shame, friends.- this makes a fun and easy snack!
You can view more delicious and healthy recipes here.
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.