Gluten Free, Nut Free Thai Amazing Chicken
Start to finish: 30 Minutes
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup SunButter® (any creamy variety)
- 3 tablespoons gluten free Thai fish sauce
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated or minced
- Kosher or fine sea salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine SunButter, fish sauce, lime juice, honey (or agave), red pepper flakes and water and bring to a boil, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and toss for about 15 seconds.
- Add chicken & cook, stir frequently, until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add broccoli, stir to coat, cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until broccoli is crisp tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Add about 1/4 of the Sunbutter sauce to the chicken and broccoli, toss to coat, place in a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve the rest of the sauce on the side.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with rice or gluten free rice noodles.
This recipe can be found here!
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.