A well-stocked kitchen means not only having the right ingredients on hand, but also the right kitchen tools and utensils. Here is a list of some kitchen cookware essentials that will ensure (with the right ingredients) you are ready to prepare any meal!
- Rice Cooker
- Storage containers with the appropriate matching lids
- Aluminum Foil
- Cutting Boards. Consider investing in a few different color coded cutting boards. It is nice to have a cutting board only for raw meat, one for fish, one for fruits and vegetables, and then one for foods with a strong flavor such as garlic and onions.
- Food processors (a mini one is great for quickly chopping and dicing onions, bell peppers etc. All you really need though is a standard 4 – 7 cup food processor to do just about anything)
- The right knives…all you really need are a few good pairing knives, 1 – 2 chef knives, and a serrated knife.
- Oil Mister. An oil mister is a healthier alternative to traditional non-stick cooking sprays.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food Scale
- Mixing bowls
- Pots and Pans
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.