Its summer! Picnic season! Here is on of my favs from an article this morning. Perfect for a gluten-free, paleo diet if that’s your thing 🙂 Will post the article for other amazing recipes.
Salmon Balls (Grain Free, Paleo)
Kelly from Primally Inspired
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:20 mins
Total time:30 mins
Salmon Balls by Primally Inspired (Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free)
- 12 ounces canned salmon, drained
- 1 shallot or ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or basil, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice for greasing (olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients, except your fat of choice (oil) together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Form into 1-2 inch balls (makes about 20 balls).
- Add your fat of choice to a baking pan and then place your salmon balls on the pan. Lightly roll the salmon balls in the oil so they get coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
We love to eat these with an easy homemade dipping sauce!
Add 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs (I usually use dill and/or basil) to ⅓ cup mayo.
You can also use sour cream or Greek yogurt in place of the mayo.
For other fantastic picnic recipes refer to this blog post from ClassPass:
Much Love, Alyssa