Stress and Women’s Health Linked
April is Stress Awareness Month, and the importance of women’s mental health has never been more evident.
The CDC reports 2 in 5 adults are experiencing mental health struggles — and disproportionately amplified amongst women.
The numbers don’t lie
- Burnout has been amplified to a whole new level with 53% of women reporting more negative effects of stress on their mental health vs. 37% of men.
- Women are more likely to experience anxiety & depression, with 83% reporting significant increases in depression compared to 36% of men.
- 74% of moms are feeling mentally worse, with 63% of moms reporting they are handling childcare and household responsibilities mostly on their own.
- There’s an alarming increase of perinatal mood disorders suffered by new & expectant moms, with one study showing a rise of depression from 15-20% to 36%.
- COVID-related anxiety & stress and social isolation are linked to increased body dissatisfaction and triggering eating disorder behaviors.
We’re committed to helping women understand the impact of physical & emotional stressors on their mental health, as well as our mission in bridging mental health gaps by supporting YOU in our communities.
That’s why we have continued to be present daily for y’all. We know that right now support, commui=nity, and just having a safe space is needed. Please continue to reach out and schedule with us today.
Be sure to hang out with us over in our Instagram community and stay tuned for more us!
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.