Alyssa’s version of PUFFED QUINOA SQUARES!
This is an amazing recipe to satisfy just about any sweet tooth.
- 6 cups cooked quinoa (about 2 cups dry)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons cacoa
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Scoop of protein powder
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Cook quinoa per directions on package.
- While quinoa is cooking melt coconut oil, honey, coconut sugar and nut butter on low-medium heat.
- Once everything is combined add in your protein powder of choice, chia seeds, cacoa and vanilla extract.
- Remove from stove and stir in your cooked quinoa until all combined.
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Spread quinoa mixture over parchment paper. Place in freezer overnight.
- In the morning cut into squares and store in freezer to satisfy your sweet tooth when needed 🙂
- Quinoa –
- 8 grams of protein & 5 grams of fiber per 1 cup cooked quinoa; much higher in both fiber and protein than majority of grains.
- Loaded with minerals, antioxidants and flavonoids with numerous health benefits
- Chia Seeds –
- Loaded with fiber, protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Rich in antioxidants and minerals with various health benefits.