Living Well with Diabetes
3724 Jefferson Street, Suite 104,
Austin, Texas 78731
Classes are covered by BCBS and Cigna insurance.
Self-pay cost for the 6 weeks is $300
“I know I need to control my blood sugar, but where do I start?
With all of the conflicting nutrition information available, it is difficult to know what to believe. This course will provide you with the information you need to feel confident when making nutrition and lifestyle choices. You will learn about the processes happening in your body and how the foods you eat impact your blood sugar and your health. Topics covered include:
- Diabetes basics – understand what is happening in your body
- Carbohydrates – how they affect your blood sugar and how they fit into your day
- Complications related to diabetes and how to reduce your risk
- Learn how to use what you’ve learned to tailor a plan for your lifestyle and food preferences
“Is this the right course for me?”
This 6 week course is designed for those with:
- Newly diagnosed with diabetes.
- With elevated A1C levels
- Who are uncertain about making food choices to better control blood sugar.
- Newly diagnosed with pre-diabetes.
This course is intended for those controlling blood sugar through diet, noninsulin therapy, or background insulin. This course is not intended for those taking mealtime or premixed insulin.
Classes are covered by BCBS and Cigna for insurance and the self-pay cost for all 6 weeks is $300.