What to NEVER have on your food Labels!!
- High Fructose corn Syrup
- Trans Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Hydrogenated oil
Each of the above should never appear on your ingredient list. Each one has adverse effects on your overall health. Not one is part of a health way of life plan.
What things should you have on your labels then?
- Whole Wheat, 100% whole wheat
- Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated oil- tea seed oil,avocados, nuts, olive oil (oleic acid), flax seeds
Bottom Line: Spend more of your time shopping the edge of the store and eating an abundant of fruit and vegetables!!!
-Adrien Paczosa, RD,LD
Healthy Holiday Goals 11/21/08
Too often the holiday’s interrupt our healthy behaviors and halt all good health behavior changes we have been creating. This year take make health a priority!
- Be active every day. That includes shopping. When out and about picking up healthy holiday meals or getting an early start on gift wear a pedometer and count your steps. Set a goal of 10,000 steps per day.
- Drink water often. Carry a water bottle around with you and have goal of drinking at least 64 oz of water each day. If you know you are going to a holiday party that will not have healthy treats, drink your entire water bottle before heading over to the party.
- Think in color. Each meal try to have the goal of have at least 2 different colors on your plate. Breakfast- orange and purple = fresh orange juice and toast with all natural low sugar grape jelly. Lunch – green and pink = mixed green salad with grill or canned tuna on top. Dinner – orange and purple = baked sweet potato and a side salad with cabbage on top
Enjoy your holiday season and Live Well! – Adrien Paczosa, RD,LD
Rate your Plate Quiz 10/12/08
Check out and see how you are doing with your daily needs to meet your health and nutrition goals.
Circle everything that contains fat
Did you have 6-8 serving of fruit and vegetables?
Did you have any added sugar to your day (fake or real)?
Did you take any vitamins or supplements? If so, please list.
Did you exercise?
How was you sleep?
What changes would you like to make?
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.