Forth of July is a perfect occasion for a picnic. I love to relax in the park with friends and enjoy great food while waiting for the fireworks show. Here are recipe and tips for how to pack for a picnic all summer long.
- Greek Salad Club or Cucumber and Apricot Sandwich. Recipes from Better Home and Gardens.
- Refreshing Summer Salads
- 5-Bean Summer Salad. Recipe from Country Living
- Avocado, Mozzarella,Tomato, and Basil
- Whole Grain Salad
- Black Bean Quinoa Salad from the Sustainable Food Center’s The Happy Kitchen
- Dip with Fresh Vegetables, Fruit and Chips
- Edamame “Guacamole” With Chile-Dusted Pita Chips
- Dessert ideas
- Cupcakes and cookies are an favorite mess-free option
- Get adventurous and try creating a fruit skewer
- On extra hot days bring reusable plastic ice cubes or use frozen grapes to help keep your beverage cold.
- Remember to pack water to stay hydrated!
- Cups, plates and utencils
- Don’t forget a serving spoon, cutting knife, small cutting board, corkscrew, and bottle opener
- Napkins (or paper towels)
- Grab an old sheet or you can find a blanket with a waterproof bottom, such as this one from L.L. Bean.
- Santa Cruz Picnic Cooler for Two
- Don’t forget trash bags!
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.