We had such a positive outreach after our AtxRD talk about wanting to learn more about eating disorders, intuitive eating, Healthy at Every Size (HAES) and how to bring that into your dietetic practice. We will be holding in-person and online group supervision courses for fall of 2018. We wanted to keep each group small so you get the most out of the experience.
What is Clinical Supervision?
While not common practice for registered dietitian nutritionists, it is the gold standard for counselors and therapists. Adrien’s personal goal is for clinical supervision to become common practice for registered dietitians too!
Essentially, clinical supervision entails working with a nutrition mentor you admire to help you develop and grow in your work. Adrien considers it the fast track to becoming the best version of your professional self.
The Purpose of Clinical Supervision:
- Enhance your professional growth, confidence, and clinical skill
- Ensure the best possible care and improved outcomes for your clients
Why a Small Group?
A small group ensures that everyone gets an opportunity to ask questions, present a case they need support with, and learn without feeling judged. In these small groups, there is time for the RD to have support, learn, and ask questions to build up their counseling skills.
Fee / Format / Credits:
- Group Supervision Fee: $250 - Must be paid in full to secure your seat.
- Format: Limited to 5 people per group. Each person gets a week to present a case and Adrien facilitates the supervisory process, along with providing educational topics.
- Continuing Education Credits: Earn 5 CEU credits approved by CDR. The hours go towards supervision for your CEDRD or CEDS.
Program Dates & Times:
- Location: iLiveWell Nutrition - Central Location
- Time: Monday Group 6:00 pm
- Dates: 10/8, 10/15, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12
- Time: Tuesday Group 12:00 pm CST
- Dates: 10/9, 10/16, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13
- Time: Thursday Group 2:00 pm CST
- Dates: 10/11, 10/18, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15
Please Note: When you register, you are signing up for all 5 sessions on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. You cannot mix and match days.
All online sessions are recorded.
A big part of what makes these groups work is your attendance. If you cannot make at least 4 out of the 5 dates, we encourage you to hold off on registering. The richness of the learning and sharing hinges on having a cohesive, well-attended group each time we meet and that means being there to participate.
How to Register?
You can register by filling out the form below for the date you want to register for and participate in. Once your fee has been paid in full ($250), your seat in the group will be booked.