Forth of July is a perfect occasion for a picnic. I love to relax in the park with friends and enjoy great food while waiting for the fireworks show. Here are recipe and tips for how to pack for a picnic all summer long.
- Greek Salad Club or Cucumber and Apricot Sandwich. Recipes from Better Home and Gardens.
- Refreshing Summer Salads
- 5-Bean Summer Salad. Recipe from Country Living
- Avocado, Mozzarella,Tomato, and Basil
- Whole Grain Salad
- Black Bean Quinoa Salad from the Sustainable Food Center’s The Happy Kitchen
- Dip with Fresh Vegetables, Fruit and Chips
- Edamame “Guacamole” With Chile-Dusted Pita Chips
- Dessert ideas
- Cupcakes and cookies are an favorite mess-free option
- Get adventurous and try creating a fruit skewer
- On extra hot days bring reusable plastic ice cubes or use frozen grapes to help keep your beverage cold.
- Remember to pack water to stay hydrated!
- Cups, plates and utencils
- Don’t forget a serving spoon, cutting knife, small cutting board, corkscrew, and bottle opener
- Napkins (or paper towels)
- Grab an old sheet or you can find a blanket with a waterproof bottom, such as this one from L.L. Bean.
- Santa Cruz Picnic Cooler for Two
- Don’t forget trash bags!