Inflammation is a part of your body’s immune response. It helps your body heal, but can cause great damage when it gets out of control. Foods that are high in saturated fat, trans fat, sugar (aspartame), refined carbohydrate, MSG, and alcohol can lead to inflammation.
Here are some anti-inflammatory foods you can choose from to reduce inflammation and swelling.
1. Fruits: fresh or frozen
2. Vegetables: raw or cooked, keep it colorful!
3. Fatty Fish
4. Whole Grains
5. Healthy Fats: extra virgin oil, nuts (walnuts), avocado
6. Lean Protein: skinless poultry, lean meats, eggs
7. Herbs and Spices: garlic, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric
8. Tea: oolong, white, green