2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4″ slices
3/4 cup siggi’s Plain yogurt
8 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375* F.
- Arrange 1/4 of the potatoes in the bottom of a greased casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper and layer with 1/3 of the siggi’s plain yogurt then 1/4 of the grated cheese. Repeat the layers an addition four more times, ending with a cheese layer.
- Pour heavy cream over the potatoes.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the liquid is bubbling.
- Rest for about 15 minutes then top with chopped parsley before serving.
This recipe can be found at: http://siggisdairy.com/recipe/potatoes-au-gratin/
Adrien Paczosa is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian practicing in Austin, Texas and the surrounding counties.
She is the owner and founder of I Live Well Nutrition her Dietitian practice which started in 2007 and serves clients in the Austin, Texas area in two locations. Fearless Practitioners, the division of her business that offers training to dietitians and wellness professionals.